Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Inside Look

Victor Hugo once said, “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” Music is so much more than a song or a beat. I believe it has the power to internally affect people. Whether it changes one’s mood, helps them through a hard time, associates memories with a song, music can emotionally influence a person. For me, music has been my wingman. Always there for me to listen, reflect, or find comfort in, it has been along my side. This past summer, I felt like my world was falling apart. My dad was diagnosed with a form of cancer and my family was so unstable that I had to be strong for them. My friends from home dwindled over the summer and I felt like I had no one to talk to or find solace in. I have never felt more alone in my life. Music was the entity that helped me along the way and picked me back up. Certain songs for certain moods and songs that spoke to me made me feel like I wasn’t alone and that things will improve. Through the bad and the good times, I have created memories that I associate with songs. When I listen to an old song, I become nostalgic on that time that I have paired with the song. Music is not only my support system, but also my time capsule.

I have always had an interest in finding new music and sharing the songs I find with my friends. In my blog, I want to share with you songs that have personally touched me hoping you can find the same support system and wingman that I have had the pleasure of finding. No one should ever go through anything alone, and I can guarantee you if you feel alone, music can only help you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment