Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Spotlight Artist: Sam Smith


Sam Smith, now on tour, is most famous for his album “In The Lonely Hour” which speaks to broken hearts. Smith connects to his audience, telling the story of his hardships with love. He gives you the feeling that if he can get through it, so can you. I personally love the acoustic version of “Nirvana”. With just a voice and piano, the acoustic version feels more personal. His soulful lyrics expressing his struggle with his relationship and his question of reaching nirvana is very relatable. I feel as if Sam Smith understands my relationship issues. He reminds me that I am not the only one in the world feeling pain. His lyrics let me inside his head and show me his thought process. It helps me understand that it’s normal to struggle in life and makes me feel less alone. His songs, although about sad subjects, always raise my spirits. Knowing you’re not alone and that most people go through relationship issues puts things in perspective. Listening to his songs and his issues help clear my mind. Taking a second to hear someone else’s problems sometimes can give you a break from your own and help you think. Sam Smith can give you comfort through your relationship issues. He knows what it feels like, and his songs can teach you how to handle different situations. When no one else is your shoulder to cry on, Sam Smith is. Every time I listen to a song of his, I am reverted back in time to the memory I have associated with his music. I will always remember the struggles in my life because of the music that has helped me surpass the hard times. If you haven’t listened to his most recent album or the acoustic version of “Nirvana”, please plug in your headphones, and let your mind wander. 

No comments:

Post a Comment